Michael Fertig protects the interests of private and public sector clients in litigation with an emphasis in the insurance and hospitality sectors. In state and federal courts, he defends allegations of product and premises liability, employment discrimination, mass torts, civil rights, constitutional issues, and negligence.
Michael serves a diverse client base, including a professional sports franchise and league, universities, manufacturers, municipalities, retail distributors, and national restaurant chains.
In addition to his work defending corporate clients, Michael’s practice also includes local government representation, including First Amendment challenges, police liability claims, civil rights defense, tort defense, contract disputes, wrongful death cases, and defending municipalities in challenges to the constitutionality of their ordinances. He is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Court mediator.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1982
- B.S., State University of New York, Finance, 1979, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Defense Research Institute State Liaison, Business Litigation Committee, Member
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$