Michael J. Finnegan focuses on complex commercial litigation in a broad spectrum of industries, including financial claims, real property disputes, trade secrets claims, software and technology disputes, unfair business practice claims, banking and property matters.
A trial lawyer who represents many leading corporations, banks and real estate companies, Michael handles a wide variety of commercial matters on a statewide and national basis.
He has represented a number of clients in significant commercial actions, including Ameriprise Financial, IDS Real Estate Group, Euronet, Zayo, Wells Fargo, AT&T, LAUSD, U.S. Bank, Fidelity, Bank of America, Health Net, Ticketmaster, Allstate, Countrywide Funding, Biltmore Partners, CalPERS, Macerich and International Creative Management, among others.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Successfully represented IDS Real Estate Group, Allstate, Ralph’s Grocery, Kilroy and TriCal in significant real estate and real estate finance/ownership matters.
- Represented numerous companies and entities, including Ameriprise, Toshiba, LAUSD, Kroger, NSi and Health Net, in technology related disputes involving software and systems failures, contract disputes, design disputes, and trade secret claims.
- Successfully represented financial industry firms, including Euronet and Bank of America in financial industry disputes.
- Represented numerous companies, including Toshiba, Kroger, NSi and Health Net, in technology related disputes involving software and systems failures, design disputes, and trade secret claims.
- Prevailed in a lengthy commercial litigation matter involving a runway-adjacent aircraft manufacturing facility. After weeks of testimony on breach of contract issues, and expert analysis of facilities uses, client was awarded $26 million in damages.
- Successfully defended Allstate’s Real Estate/Investment Division in a multi-million dollar real estate/contract action involving the sale of a Southern California shopping center. In addition to a defense judgment, Allstate was awarded its attorneys’ fees.
- Successfully tried a lengthy collateral and interference case brought against Credit Agricole Indosuez in Orange County. The jury awarded Credit Agricole a complete defense verdict.
- Following two months of trial, successfully resolved a $20 million dollar breach of contract and fraud claim brought against one of Spain and Mexico’s largest banks, BBVA Bancomer S.A.
- Prevailed in $32 million dollar contract/fraud claim brought against a consortium of foreign banks and their United States offices including, Credit Agricole Indosuez, Dresdner Bank, Mitsubishi Bank and San Paolo di Torino.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 1988
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1985
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$