Michael F. Fitzpatrick, Jr.’s practice focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions, principally in the power and utilities arena.
Michael has extensive experience advising clients on a broad range of securities transactions including public and privately placed offerings of equity, first mortgage bonds, various debt/equity hybrid instruments, subordinated and convertible debt, collateral trust bonds, multi-modal tax-exempt bonds and dedicated utility rate securitization bonds.
- Advises clients on corporate governance and compliance matters with the US securities laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represented power and utilities clients on securities offerings.
- Served as designated underwriters’ counsel to several utility holding companies and their subsidiaries.
- Represented underwriters in connection with several dedicated rate reduction bond securitization financings, including stranded cost, environmental costs, and storm cost transactions.
- Pro bono representation of veterans in their pursuit of combat-related special compensation benefits.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 1990
- BS, Villanova University, cum laude, 1983
- New York
- Vice Chairman, Infrastructure Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the Section of Infrastructure and Regulated Industries, American Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Rate : $$$$