Michael E. Flowers focuses his practice in the areas of business, real estate, and corporate finance law. He is a former Chief Legal Counsel of KBK Enterprises (a multi-state real estate development company) where he was in charge of business activities and real estate projects.
Mr. Flowers is a former partner of Bricker & Eckler, LLP and has extensive experience in corporate law, corporate governance, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, formation of business entities, venture capital financing and emerging entity representation, and commercial real estate law.
Mr. Flowers has recently completed 12 years of service as a member of the Columbus State Community College Board. He has been appointed by Ohio Governor John Kasich as a member of the Minority Development Financing Advisory Board.
He was also appointed to the Small Business Advisory Council by Ohio Lt. Governor Mary Taylor. He is charged with advising the Lieutenant Governor as she oversees the Common Sense Initiative that is aimed at reducing the potential adverse impact of various government rules and regulations on small businesses.
- Served as lead counsel for all aspects of transactions for numerous developers including the formation of the ownership entity, negotiation and drafting of master development agreements, prepared contracts and agreements with architects, engineers, and other service providers, resolved real estate title issues, supervised document due diligence review, drafted and negotiated tenant leases, supervised work of outside law firms, and prepared required closing legal opinions
- Managed all legal aspects of multi-state real estate development firm with projects valuing in the aggregate in excess of $500 million dollars
- Experienced in corporate governance, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, formation of business entities, venture capital financing, and federal and state securities law
- J.D. The Ohio State University
- B.S.B.A. Bucknell University
- Board of Governors, American Bar Association (2012-2015)
- Member, American Law Institute
- Board Member, Rule of Law Initiative, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Ohio State Bar Foundation (Received Ritter Award for Professionalism in 2005), 2010-2012
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Distinguished Alumni Award, 2000
- Board of Trustees, Columbus State Community College (2005 – 2017, Chair, 2015-2017)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Bucknell University (Chair, Audit & Risk Management Committee)
- Member, Board of Trustees, National Church Residences (Chair, Housing Subsidiary Committee)
- Member, Ohio Small Business Advisory Council (Appointed by Ohio Lt. Governor)
- Board of Trustees, Mount Carmel Health System (2002-2010, Chair, 2009-2010)
Rate : $$$$