Michael R. Flynn represents venture funds, strategic investors and private equity firms. He also represents early- and growth-stage companies in the technology and life sciences sectors. Mike is a partner in the corporate practice group, based in the New York office.
He represents venture capital funds, strategic investors, private equity firms and other private investors in their portfolio investment activity, complex restructurings and exit transactions.
Additionally, Mike advises companies at all stages of development in the information technology, life sciences, financial services and telecommunications sectors in a full range of financial and strategic transactions, including debt and equity financing, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, licensing arrangements and other complex commercial matters.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Representation of a captive investment fund of a major bank in its strategic venture capital investment activity in the financial services sector (over 30 transactions to date).
- Ten years’ representation of a venture-backed company in the education technology sector, including four equity rounds, one recapitalization, three strategic acquisitions, two strategic divestitures, debt financings, joint ventures and strategic investments, and exit via sale to a strategic buyer.
- Representation of the interests of investor consortia in strategic dispositions of portfolio companies in the life sciences and optical components sectors.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$