Michael (Mike) J. Funk focuses his practice in the areas of commercial transactions, corporate law, commercial and government contracts, and real estate. Mike advises start-up and emerging clients in various matters, including raising capital and private placement of securities.
As the former general counsel of a DOW-30 technology company’s subsidiary, he has a particular understanding of the necessity of outside counsel truly knowing and being invested in a client and its business.
Mike finds creative and effective solutions to clients’ problems – often utilizing problem-solving skills and techniques from his education and background in product design.
- When a client’s in-house counsel departed on short notice, Mike’s familiarity and relationships with the client permitted him to step in and fill the void as lead on essentially all legal matters on a long-term basis until new in-house counsel was hired and trained
- Advised and assisted commercial real estate developer in various real estate and contractual matters, including the sale of individual retail lots, the sale of an entire retail development, financing matters, regulatory issues, leasing, and landlord/tenant issues
- Represented client with respect to numerous federal, state, and local government contracts with values in the hundreds of millions of dollars; Services provided included initial review of solicitations/RFPs/RFQs, preparation of proposals and quotes, negotiation and drafting of resulting contracts and subcontracts, and resolution of post-award issues with contracting parties and contact management/audit authorities
- Experienced in the formation, organization, merger, consolidation, qualification, and other support of corporations, limited liability companies, and other business entities
- Regular representation of clients in negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts for the purchase, sale, and leasing of goods and services; Experience includes attention to related matters such as import/export matters (including export controls), tax issues, etc.
- J.D. William & Mary
- M.F.A. Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.A. Southern Illinois University
- American Bar Association Administrative Law Review (College of William & Mary)
- Member, Crowdfunding Professional Association
- Fundraising Event Committee Member, Panhandle Home Health, Inc.
Rate : $$$$