Michael D. Gannon is a patent litigator working in the electrical, mechanical and software fields. His experience as a litigator includes serving as first chair trial attorney and appearing extensively before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board for reexaminations and covered business method reviews. Additionally, he has more than 26 years of experience conducting patent prosecution, licensing and opinion work.
- Obtained two jury verdicts – one for more than $15 million – in favor of an electronic trading software company suing numerous competitors for patent infringement. Deposed opponent’s key technical expert and facilitated testimony that led the jury to find in favor of the client.
- Defended a manufacturing client against allegations of patent infringement. Identified key issue used in argument to obtain summary judgment for the client.
- Enforced patent against multiple infringers of client’s internet video software application, obtaining settlements from each infringer.
- Represented a maker of bone prostheses in two patent infringement lawsuits against a competitor. Obtained settlements in each case.
- Experienced litigating technologies including software and the internet, networking and high speed switching applications, telecommunications, electrical connectors, automotive products and agricultural machinery.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, American Jurisprudence Award, Dispute Resolution
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Marquette University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 36,807
Rate : $$$$