Michael Gaston-Bell is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on employment litigation, advice and counseling.
Michael has experience representing clients in federal and state courts on matters related to Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), restrictive covenants, and defending clients before city and county Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) agencies.
Michael also represents individuals and employers in negotiating, drafting and evaluating employment, non-compete and related agreements, Additionally, Michael advises clients on developing personnel policies and handbooks, terminating employees, and providing guidance on the interpretation and implementation of Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA and FLSA issues in the workplace.
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2013
- B.S., Truman State University, 2010
- Indiana, 2013
- Missouri, 2016
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Legal Council on Legal Diversity (Pathfinder), 2017
- American Bar Association Labor and Employment Trial Institute (Participant), 2017
- National Employment Law Council
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association Legislative Review Subcommittee
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$