Michael Goettig has extensive experience litigating and resolving discrimination and wage and hour cases. He represents clients in both state and federal courts as well as at arbitration and before administrative agencies. He also provides counseling to clients on a wide array of personnel matters, and he conducts internal personnel investigations.
Prior to joining DWT, he spent seven years at Vedder Price. Goettig’s work experience also includes serving as a freelance journalist, and as a volunteer with the Peace Corps. He received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota and his J.D. from Columbia Law School. He is proficient in Mandarin Chinese.
- Associate, Vedder Price, New York, N.Y., 2007-2015
Professional & Community Activities:
- Human Rights Intern (China), Humans Rights Watch/ABA Asia Law Institute, 2005
- Partner, Speakeasy Bar (China), 2001-2005
- Volunteer, Technical Trainer and Training Coordinator, Peace Corps (China), 1996 – 1999; Summers 2000 and 2002
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2007
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Recipient
- Parker School of International and Comparative Law Certificate
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Asian Law
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1993, with distinction
Rate : $$$$