Michael F. Green advises clients on the creation and realization of value through mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other strategic transactions. Michael has represented companies in a wide variety of industries, including consumer products, software and information technology, financial services, and industrial products.
Michael has represented clients in a number of significant transactions, including Newell Brands in the $1.95 billion sale of its global Tools division to Stanley Black & Decker, Randstad in the $429 million acquisition of Monster Worldwide, AGNC Investment Corp. in the $562 million acquisition of its external REIT manager, and RELX Group in the acquisition of real-time flight data provider, FlightStats.
Prior to practicing law, Michael worked in commercial real estate and played golf at the University of Georgia, where he served on the board of directors of the University of Georgia Athletic Association.
- The University of Georgia (J.D. magna cum laude 2015; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Georgia Law Review; B.B.A. in Finance summa cum laude 2009)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Newell Brands to sell Pure Fishing to Sycamore Partners for $1.3 billion
- Baker Hughes sells natural gas solutions business to First Reserve and Pietro Fiorentini
- GE sells assets related to its Small Industrial Motors Business to Wolong Electric Group
- Newell Brands sells The Waddington Group to Novolex for approximately $2.3 billion
- Aderant acquires Handshake Software
- Newell Brands sells Winter Sports businesses to Kohlberg & Company for $240 million
- Randstad acquires Monster for $429 million
- American Capital Agency Corp. acquires American Capital Mortgage Management, LLC for $562 million.
- Newell Brands acquires Jarden Corporation for $16 billion.
Rate : $$$