Michael R. Griffinger – a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the American Bar Foundation – has been an active litigator for over 45 years. His practice is focused primarily on sophisticated corporate and commercial disputes, securities litigation, and antitrust matters.
He represents major United States and foreign corporations from numerous industries, including manufacturing, railroad, automobile, food, financial, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical. He is experienced in both jury and non-jury trials as well as class action and derivative litigation.
Mr. Griffinger has conducted trials and hearings in federal and state courts in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, California and Nevada.
Highlights of his career include:
- For 2018, listed in seven categories:
- Appellate Practice (Complex Assets, Defendants, Federal, Fiduciary Duties, Litigation)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation (Defendants)
- Commercial Litigation (Antitrust, Bankruptcy, Business Disputes, Civil Litigation, Complex Litigation, Defendants, Fraud, Large Case Litigation, Securities)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and American Bar Foundation.
- Top tier for Commercial Litigation in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Chairman, New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (2009-10).
- Recipient, William J. Brennan Jr. Award, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey (2010).
- Columbia Law School (J.D.)
- Columbia Business School (M.B.A.)
- Cornell University (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Founder and Past Chairman of Federal Practice and Procedure Committee
- Trustee, 1972-1973; 1997-2001
- Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (JPAC)
- Chairman, 2009-2010
- Essex County Bar Association
- Trustee, 1991-1997
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Lawyers Advisory Committee, 1996-present
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$