Michael Park is a member of Alston & Bird’s Health Care Legislative & Public Policy Group. He has more than a decade of health law and policy experience. He focuses his practice on representing health care providers, insurers, and manufacturers before Congress and the Administration on a wide range of health care legislative and regulatory issues, including Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Michael served as health policy counsel to Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA), then Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Finance, where he developed legislation on issues including Medicare Part A payment policy, health information technology, and program integrity.
He also conducted congressional investigations on the federal government, health care providers, and insurers. Michael also served as a policy coordinator in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Secretary, as a project officer for Medicare payment demonstration programs at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and as a health research analyst at the Center for Studying Health System Change.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- Columbia University (M.P.H., 1999)
- Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 1993)
- Connecticut College (B.A., 1990)
Memberships : American Health Lawyers Association
- Legislative and regulatory counsel for state and national trade associations of health care providers and suppliers.
- Counsel for hospital organizations implementing delivery system reforms under the Affordable Care Act, including accountable care organizations.
- Legislative and regulatory counsel to a national hospital and a rehabilitation services company.
- Legislative and regulatory counsel for a health information technology vendor.
Rate : $$$