Michael J. Hanlon concentrates his practice on counseling clients in a wide variety of issues, including areas of traditional labor and employment law, executive compensation, employment discrimination and public education. He has significant experience in counseling large publicly traded corporations, government entities and other employers in all areas of employment law.
Michael has been ranked as a leader in labor and employment law in Chambers USA since the publication’s inception. Chambers noted him as “a real champion of his clients,” and “renowned for his ‘controlled aggression’ in the courtroom.”
- Resolved multiple plaintiff employment discrimination claims.
- Negotiated a unique labor management partnership agreement establishing a city-wide apprentice program.
- Defended a chemical manufacturer in OSHA matter arising from explosion that killed several employees.
- Represented a state regarding the largest urban school takeover in the United States.
- Forged a $5 billion, four-year contract between major metropolitan city and its teachers.
- Performed due diligence and provided advice on complex labor and pension liability issues on behalf of the acquiring company in the acquisition of the New York Daily News, the ninth-largest daily newspaper in the United States.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1976
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
- ABA College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Rate : $$$