Michael F. Henrick is an experienced trial lawyer, with a practice focused on issues involving personal injury, professional liability, wrongful death and health care. Mr. Henrick joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in September 1974. In 2003, he was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Representative Matters :
- In 2012, Mr. Henrick obtained a defense verdict for a Lake County hospital and its named nursing personnel in the death of a twin at birth. Plaintiff asked the jury for $7 Million. The trial lasted 3 weeks.
- In 2012, Mr. Henrick obtained a defense verdict for a orthopedic surgeon accused of making improper sexual advances to a female patient.
- In 2011, Mr. Henrick obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an internist who was alleged to have failed to diagnose a myocardial infarction when treating a patient in his office leading to his death two days later. The trial of that case lasted 1 1/2 weeks.
- In 2011, Mr. Henrick obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a pain management physician after his patient had fallen from a procedure table in the process of an epidural. The co-defendant hospital was held liable on a $750,000 award.
Professional Affiliations :
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Jefferson American Inn of Court
- Society of Trial Lawyers
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1974, with honors
- B.S., Loyola University of Chicago, 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$