Michael Hidalgo is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on high stakes civil litigation and white collar investigations and proceedings, and he frequently represents corporations in the Spanish speaking world. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in June 2018, Michael was an associate at another premier international law firm.
Michael has also been recognized for his pro bono work and received the ACLU’s Access to Justice Award for his work on behalf of a class of non-citizens detained in immigration proceedings.
Michael represents companies and individuals in civil litigation matters and in interactions with criminal and civil regulatory systems at the state and federal level. He has also helped conduct internal investigations for companies in Latin America and Spain, often in conjunction with a federal investigation or enforcement proceeding.
Michael also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has obtained a T-visa for an individual who was trafficked to the United States and forced to work without pay; represented 54 tenants of an apartment building in Los Angeles in a slumlord habitability litigation; and obtained preliminary relief for a class of non-citizens detained for months, and often years, during the pendency of their removal proceedings in a constitutional challenge to the bond setting procedures in immigration proceedings.
- University of California, Berkeley (JD) (2015)
- Princeton University (AB cum laude) (2008)
Admissions : California~United States
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- The Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a corporation in an FCPA investigation.
- Represented a corporation in foreign investigation and prosecution involving bribery of a head of state.
- Represented individuals in a money laundering investigation.
- Represented 54 tenants of an apartment building in Los Angeles in a slumlord habitability case.
- Represented an individual in a DOJ investigation involving allegations of accounting irregularities.
Rate : $$$