Michael Aiello is Chairman of the over 600-lawyer Corporate Department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. Mr. Aiello regularly represents companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving public companies. He also advises clients on corporate governance issues.
Mr. Aiello regularly represents acquirors, targets, buyout groups, boards of directors, special committees, investment banks, investors and shareholder groups in complex domestic and international negotiated and unsolicited merger and acquisition transactions, including Aéropostale, Dow Chemical, Goldman Sachs, Herbalife, Kroger, Ontario Teachers’, Procter & Gamble, Sanofi, Thomas H. Lee and Willis Group Holdings.
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in Reynolds’ $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its pending $2 billion sale to Univar Inc.
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Sanofi in its $4.8 billion acquisition of Ablynx NV
- Evercore as financial advisor to a committee of independent directors of T-Mobile US, Inc. in T-Mobile’s $146 billion merger with Sprint Corporation
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its $2.8 billion acquisition of all of the outstanding common shares not already owned by Brookfield Property Partners L.P. of Rouse Properties, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $855 million acquisition of GrafTech International Ltd.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc. in its $870 million sale to Revlon, Inc.
- New York University (B.A., 1991)
- Widener University (J.D., 1994)
Admissions : New York State
Rate : $$$