Michael J. Barresi focuses his practice in defending a wide range of general liability and products liability claims from inception through trial. He has extensive experience in both state and federal courts, as well as conducting depositions, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
Prior to joining Goldberg Segalla, Michael served as a Deputy County Attorney (DCA) in the Office of the Nassau County Attorney. As a DCA, Michael represented the County on matters involving tort claims, civil rights violations, and employment disputes.
Michael is also a PTO-registered Patent Agent with a background in biochemistry. As a summer associate at a major patent-prosecution firm on Long Island, Michael prepared patent applications regarding chemical compositions, pharmaceutical apparatuses, and mechanical gadgets. While earning his J.D. from Pace University School of Law, Michael served on the executive board of the Intellectual Property Student Organization.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Villanova University, B.S., Biochemistry, 2009
Rate : $$$