Michael J. (“Micky”) Grindstaff is a partner in Shutts & Bowen’s Orlando office and is the firm wide Managing Partner. He also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee. Since 1982, Micky’s practice of law has been concentrated in the areas of real estate transactions, land use and development.
He has handled numerous transactions involving the acquisition, zoning, permitting, development and sale of retail shopping centers, mixed-use developments, residential subdivisions, multi-family apartment complexes, office buildings and Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs). He has negotiated and prepared sophisticated acquisition, sale, lease, financing, easement and land use related documentation.
In addition, Micky has handled many real estate related litigation matters including condemnations, title disputes, ad valorem taxation disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, mortgage foreclosures, receiverships, and zoning and land use litigation. He has also been intensely involved in several comprehensive and substantial loan work-out matters, representing both developers and institutional lenders.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J. D., cum laude, 1982
- University of Central Florida, B.S.B.A., 1978
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Former Chairman and Member of University of Central Florida Board of Trustees
- Member of the Board of Directors, Orange County Sheriff Foundation
- Former Chairman and Member, Orange County Planning and Zoning Commission (five years)
- Past Trustee, Orlando Science Center (four years)
- Past Chairman and President, UCF Golden Knights Club, Inc.
Rate : $$$