Michael Halaiko is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Baltimore office. He has more than 15 years’ experience defending clients in catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, and complex litigation cases before state and federal courts. His practice encompasses products liability defense, medical malpractice, mass tort litigation, and complex commercial and construction litigation matters.
His clients include nationally recognized manufacturers of automobiles, tires, industrial equipment, sporting goods, household appliances, power tools, commercial building products, and pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Halaiko has tried cases to verdict and arbitrated cases in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, and he has defended significant personal injury or death matters in jurisdictions all around the country.
He also has appeared before appellate courts, including arguments before the Indiana Court of Appeals and the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, JD (1999)
- Capital University, BA, magna cum laude (1996)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Routinely represents manufacturers in defense of complex product defect and fire-related claims involving catastrophic personal injuries
- Has defended healthcare institutions and professionals facing claims of professional negligence, including cases involving catastrophic injuries or deaths
- Has gained critical experience in developing and examining expert witnesses, as well as in effectively communicating complex scientific and medical concepts
- Represents builders, design professionals, contractors, suppliers, and real estate owners and operators in matters involving building defect disputes, mold and indoor air quality, and water intrusion claims
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Maryland Bar Association
- Sports and Fitness Industry Association – Legal Task Force
Rate : $$$$