Michael J. Killeen focuses on counseling and defending employers regarding employment law issues and related litigation, including class actions, with particular emphasis on wage/hour and OSHA/WISHA compliance. He also represents employers in courtroom litigation and appeals in a wide range of wrongful discharge, discrimination, and breach of contract matters.
Mike is the author of several key employer reference books on employment law, and has lectured extensively on employment law subjects to industry groups, seminars for HR professionals and in-house counsel, and employment law practitioners. He regularly advises employers on preventive best practices, HR policy reviews, and collective bargaining issues.
Mike’s clients include: AutoNation, Columbia Legal Services, Emerald Performance Materials Ltd., Pressco Products, Seattle Goodwill, Seattle Tennis Club, Shell (Equilon), Twin City Foods, Tyson Foods, Waste Management, and Universal Language Services.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Vernon R. Pearson, Chief Justice, Division Two of the Washington State Court of Appeals (later Chief Justice, Washington Supreme Court) 1977-1979
- 1st Lieutenant, U.S. Army, Medical Service Corps, Honors Graduate, Medical Materials School, 1971-1974
Professional & Community Activities:
- ABA, Labor and Employment Section, 1985-present; ABA, Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee, 1990-present; ABA, Fair Labor Standards Legislation Committee, 2004-present
- Member and past Treasurer, King County Bar Association
- Chair, 2010; Vice-Chair, 2009-10; Board of Trustees, 1987-present; Executive Committee, 2000-present – Seattle Goodwill
- Board of Advisors, 1999-present; President, Board of Advisors, 1992-1996 – Gonzaga Law School
- Member, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Employment Law Committee, 2000-present
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 1977, magna cum laude
- Member, National Moot Court team: First Place in Northwest Region and Best Oral Advocate
- B.A., Political Science, English, Gonzaga University, 1971
Rate : $$$