Michael was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He received his Bachelors degree in political science from Boston College in Chestnut Hill Massachusetts, where he was a member of the Bellarmine Law Society.
He received his Juris doctor from the Creighton University School of Law with a concentration in criminal law and procedure. While in law school he clerked at:
- The U.S. Attorney’s Office
- The Salt Lake Legal Defender’s Association
- The Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office
He is also a graduate of the National Criminal Defense College in Macon Georgia (NCDC) and the Stetson University White Collar Criminal Defense College in St Petersburg Florida. After law school, Michael was an associate attorney at a firm for several years where his practice focused on white collar criminal defense and complex commercial litigation.
Leadership & Community Involvement In addition to his law practice he is committed to public service and currently sits on the boards of:
- The Rocky Mountain Innocence Center
- The Salt Lake County Children’s Justice Center
- The Henry’s Fork Foundation
He is a member of:
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers(NACDL)
- The Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers(UACDL)
- The American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section
- The National Organization for the Reformation of Marijuana Laws(NORML)
Rate : $$$$