Michael J. Lufkin practices in all aspects of labor and employment law and represents employers in agency investigations, state and federal single-plaintiff actions, class and collective actions and arbitrations involving issues such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, constructive discharge, restrictive covenants, wage claims and breach of contract actions.
Additionally, Michael advises employers on a variety of personnel issues, including hiring processes and screening, discharge and separation matters, compliance with wage and hour laws, discrimination laws, family and medical and disability leave laws, and developing personnel policies and procedures. In the area of labor law, Michael counsels public and private sector employers on legal matters involving union-company relations.
Clients can expect balanced representation with the personal attention that they expect for their particular legal matter. Michael strives to provide each client with not only exemplarily legal service and advocacy but also honest assessment of what the client faces and strategies for achieving desired goals efficiently.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Rowan University, B.A., 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar (Labor and Employment Section, Trial Lawyers Section, Labor & Employment Law NLRB and PERC Liaison Committee)
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
Rate : $$$$