Michael Newton is a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Group whose practice maintains a particular emphasis on complex patent infringement litigation and counseling. Many of the matters Mike has been responsible for involve multiple parties and multiple jurisdictions, often within multiple countries.
For example, he has represented clients in federal courts in California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin and has handled numerous investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
He has also helped to coordinate litigation in Japan and Europe with U.S. litigation. He has extensive experience with cases in the Eastern District of Texas.
Additionally, Mike has participated in patent license negotiations and has advised and counseled clients seeking to acquire, sell, and otherwise monetize intellectual property assets.
- The University of Texas (J.D., 1991)
- The University of Texas (M.A., 1988)
- The University of Texas (B.S., 1985)
Memberships : Named one of The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, recommended for litigation, by Intellectual Asset Management 2014
- Supreme Courts of California and Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
Rate : $$$