Michael Zeidel represents investment banks, corporate clients, and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a variety of U.S. and international transactions, including public and private offerings of equity, high-yield and investment grade securities.
Mr. Zeidel has extensive experience advising on IPOs, acquisition financing and liability management transactions, including tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations and other significant corporate transactions.
He also counsels corporate clients of all sizes across a variety of industries on an ongoing basis, assisting with the review and preparation of SEC filings, corporate governance matters and interactions with security holders, stock exchanges and other regulatory bodies.
He regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on a variety of corporate finance and governance-related topics and frequently is quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Law360, Institutional Investor and other publications. Significant transactions include:
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. in a number of offerings of senior notes;
- Barclays as placement agent in the $600 million common stock offering by Doral Financial Corporation, a portion of which was contingent financing, in connection with a proposed acquisition of assets and liabilities from the FDIC;
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc. in multiple offerings of senior notes, including the high-yield financing to fund its acquisition of the fresh express packaged salad and fresh cut fruit business from Performance Food Group Company;
- Credit Suisse, Barclays, JPMorgan and UBS as the underwriters in the $530 million common stock offering of Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. by Misys PLC;
- Credit Suisse, RBC and Sandler O’Neill as the underwriters in the $334 million offering of common stock by First Merit Corporation, which followed the purchase and assumption of $3 billion of assets and liabilities from the FDIC, as receiver of Midwest Bank;
- DRS Technologies, Inc. in its offerings of $350 million of senior notes, $250 million of senior subordinated notes and $300 million of convertible notes, the proceeds of which were used to fund the acquisition of Engineered Support Systems, Inc.;
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. in a number of financings, including multiple offerings of senior notes and at-the-market programs;
- PHH Corporation in a number of financings, including multiple offerings of senior notes and convertible notes as well as tender offers, consent solicitations and other liability management transactions;
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1995 (magna cum laude; Member, Syracuse Law Review; Order of the Coif)
- B.A., George Washington University, 1992 (cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa)
- New York
Rate : $$$$