Michael Jaeger represents clients in complex litigation in the areas of business litigation, labor and employment, sports law, and product liability. Michael has litigated numerous matters in state and federal court as well as in arbitrations, including breaches of contract, consumer class actions, civil RICO, insurance matters, and collective bargaining disputes.
He has also advised retailers regarding best practices for online terms and conditions, specifically with regard to arbitration provisions and class action waivers.
Michael has argued motions, taken and defended depositions, second-chaired multiple arbitrations and mediations, handled preparation, direct and cross-examination of fact and expert witnesses, and conducted internal investigations.
He also has extensive experience drafting briefs and motions as well as negotiating and managing discovery. Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Michael was an associate with Latham & Watkins LLP.
Prior to practicing law, Michael was a director, working in various capacities on and off-Broadway, on national tours and in Los Angeles. He also co-wrote the feature film “The Best and the Brightest,” starring Neil Patrick Harris, and he directed and produced live corporate events. Michael is an avid hiker and has logged many miles in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D. summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Senior Articles Editor, Loyola Law Review; Sayre Macneil Scholar (2012)
- Yale University, B.A. in American Studies and Theater Studies, cum laude, with distinction in both majors (1993)
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles
Rate : $$$