Michael Rafter represents real estate investment trusts (REITs), business development companies (BDCs), real estate funds, and other companies in connection with public and private offerings of securities, mergers and acquisitions, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance and general corporate law.
Mr. Rafter has been representing public non-traded REITs for more than 18 years and regularly counsels real estate sponsors seeking to form a non-traded REIT or otherwise access the unique non-traded broker-dealer and registered investment advisor (RIA) distribution channel. Mr. Rafter has represented some of the leading non-traded REIT sponsors in connection with public offerings in excess of $15 billion.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, JD, cum laude (1996)
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, BS (1990)
Admissions : Georgia
- Counsels broker-dealers on compliance with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) rules and regulations
- Focuses on compliance with the Statement of Policy Regarding Real Estate Investment Trusts and Omnibus Guidelines applicable to BDCs adopted by NASAA and other “blue sky” securities law issues
- Represents both domestic and foreign clients in structuring, negotiating, and documenting mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other corporate combinations and reorganizations
- Advises clients on transactions involving limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances in the U.S. and overseas
- Atlanta Bar Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Investment Program Association (IPA)
Rate : $$$