Michael Winston, the consumer finance and banking practice group leader, focuses on consumer finance litigation, including lender liability and loan servicing litigation, escalated residential foreclosures, federal TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, FDCPA, and RICO claims, as well as their state law counterparts. Michael regularly serves as first chair for trials in both state and federal district court.
Michael holds a finance degree and has substantial Fortune 500 professional experience in accounting, business management, and systems technology. Michael’s goal in litigation is to work with clients to map out strategic endgames and then effectively execute to achieve expedient, cost-effective results. To this end, Michael has effectively managed over 2,000 alternative fee arrangement (AFA) cases for clients.
Michael also serves as appellate counsel for clients in state and federal courts in Florida and the Southeast. He has handled more than 500 appeals.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Emory University (B.B.A., with distinction, 1987)
- Staff Attorney, The Honorable Barry J. Stone, District Court of Appeal, Fourth District, State of Florida (1995-1996)
- Law Clerk, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington (1992)
- International Financial Analyst, EDS Corporation (1987-1988)
- International Financial Analyst, Ryder Systems (1989-1991)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association
- Business Torts Committee of the Litigation Section
- Class Action and Derivatives Committee
- Member, Mortgage Bankers Association
Rate : $$$