Michael L. Kahn is an associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office. He focuses his practice on complex real estate financing, joint venture, and acquisition deals. He has represented various financial institutions in single-lender and multi-lender commercial real estate transactions, including construction and development projects, asset-backed lending and unsecured line of credit transactions.
He has also advised property owners in acquisition, joint venture, and financing transactions. In addition to his private practice work, Mike has also worked in a major U.S. national bank’s commercial real estate group, which provides him with additional perspective on the client’s business and operational needs in structuring and closing lending transactions. Mike joined Mayer Brown in 2018, and previously worked for another international law firm.
- Cornell University, BS
- Fordham University School of Law, JD
Admissions : New York
- Represented an international bank as administrative agent in a $600 million syndicated loan on a New York office property to refinance prior debt.
- Represented an international bank as administrative agent in a $375 million syndicated loan towards the construction of two office towers in San Francisco to host the new headquarters for a major technology company.
- Represented an international bank as an A-Note member in a $395 million syndicated senior loan facility as part of a $473 million total facility for the construction of Manhattan luxury condominiums.
- Represented an equity partner in connection with the restructure of one joint venture and acquisition of additional memberships in a different joint venture.
- Represented a developer in the assemblage and financing of lots for a proposed New York City multifamily project.
- Represented a lender in connection with the establishment of a warehouse facility for lending to purchasers of affordable cooperative apartments.
Rate : $$$