Michael J. Kanute develops solutions for corporate and individual clients defending products liability, negligence, toxic tort, premises liability and other tort cases. Mike serves as national counsel, national litigation counsel or national coordinating counsel for clients involved in major multidistrict litigation.
He represents manufacturers whose products have ranged from tires to breast implants to factory-built fireplaces. Mike also represents corporate and individual clients in warranty and commercial cases, contract and lease disputes and a variety of other litigation.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Mike was a partner at Butler, Rubin, Saltarelli & Boyd in Chicago. Prior to Butler Rubin, he spent six years as a partner at Holland & Knight in Chicago.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. cum laude (1990)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. (1987)
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
Clerkships : Illinois Appellate Court, First District, Hon. Allen Hartman, 1990-1992
Professional Associations :
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, 2004-present
Civic Activities :
- Center for Disability and Elder Law — Practice Group Partners Committee; Mortgage Foreclosure/Mechanics Lien Section, Lead Partner
- City of Geneva Anti-Smoking Legislation Task Force — Mayoral Appointment, 2007
- USA Triathlon — Regional Athlete Development Coordinator, Mideast Region, 2007-10
Rate : $$$