Michael J. Kliegman joined Akin Gump after a long career as a partner in the New York Mergers & Acquisitions group at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). There, he specialized in due diligence, structuring business acquisitions and reorganizations. Prior to joining PwC, Michael worked at a law firm in Washington, D.C., concentrating on structuring leveraged buyout transactions.
Before entering private law practice, Michael spent several years in the IRS National Office, including as Group Chief, where he issued rulings on corporate acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcy and spinoffs.
- Prior experience as Group Chief in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) National Office.
- More than 35 years of experience in tax-efficient planning for mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and private equity transactions.
- Member, Committee on Reorganizations, New York State Bar Association, 1988 to present.
- Member, Advisory Board, Bloomberg Tax Corporate Advisory Board, 2015 to present.
- Trustee, Washington Institute for Near East Policy, 2008 to present.
- Member, National Council, AIPAC, 2012 to present.
- Adjunct professor, Fordham University Graduate School of Business, 2015 to present.
- Adjunct professor, New York Law School, 2011 to present.
- Chair, ABA Section of Business Law, Taxation Committee, 2012 to 2015.
- Member, Committee on Corporate Tax, ABA Section of Taxation.
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2015 to present.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1978
- M.T., Georgetown University, 1983
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, 1975
- New York
Rate : $$$