Michael Kosnitzky advises some of the world’s most well-respected individuals, families and privately held businesses, using a holistic risk-assessment approach to tax law. Mike is recognized as a Trust and Estates Trailblazer by the National Law Journal for his focus on where IRS policy is going and not where the particular policy is today.
His tax-minimizing strategies guide financial and strategic buyers in complex taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions; privately held businesses in estate tax efficient succession planning; private investment funds in their choice of jurisdictions and structures; wealthy families in generational real estate income tax and estate tax planning; and ultra-high net worth individuals in U.S. and foreign trust matters.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised Wynn Resorts Limited on tax planning related to its international tax structure.
- Advised Viking River Cruises on international tax structure planning.
- Advised Paloma International L.P. on succession planning and a restructuring.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on tax planning for investment in The Weinstein Company LLC.
- Advised The Yankees Entertainment and Sports (YES) Network on domestic partnership matters and a leveraged recapitalization.
- Advised Bradford Capital on the sale of an electronic equipment manufacturer to Honeywell International Inc., and a corporate restructuring.
- Advised Imagine Entertainment, a production company founded by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, in restructuring various businesses divisions.
- Advised Miami Association of REALTORS, the largest realtors association in the United States, in various acquisitions of other tax-exempt realtors associations.
- Advised River Break Distributing LP on tax planning for the development and operation of its cannabis distribution and logistics business.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1984
- B.B.A., Accounting, University of Miami, 1979
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$