Michael Laidhold joined Plave Koch as a partner in April 2007. He has over 15 years of experience with a variety of commercial, licensing, franchise, corporate and business development matters across a diverse range of industries.
Michael’s experience includes
- structuring new franchise programs and restructuring existing franchise programs;
- dealership and distribution relationships;
- re-branding franchise systems;
- drafting and negotiating franchise, licensing, and distribution agreements, asset purchase agreements, and related commercial contracts;
- terminating and renewing franchise relationships;
- establishing the business parameters of the franchise program (including supply and distribution relationships);
- counseling clients with respect to compliance with state, federal, and international regulations; and
- assisting in dispute resolution proceedings.
He has also been involved in working with conventional dealership businesses, such as the distribution of medical parts and surgical supplies. Michael has authored and co-authored several articles on branding, licensing, franchising, and distribution issues, and spoken on those topics at industry seminars. He has also been honored for his pro bono work.
- University of Pittsburgh Law School (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (M.P.I.A.)
- Miami University (B.A.)
Rate : $$$