Michael B. Lampert provides strategic, regulatory, and transactional advice to health care clients, including hospitals, universities, schools of medicine, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, investors, physician practices, laboratories, and emerging providers.
He has extensive familiarity with fraud and abuse laws, in both an advisory and enforcement context, and other regulation such as Medicare reimbursement rules, requirements of the LCME and other accreditation bodies, the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act, and HIPAA. Michael also advises in mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, affiliations, and financings in both the for-profit and nonprofit context.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2003; Order of the Coif; Editor, Virginia Law Review; Dillard Fellow
- AB (Government; Spanish), summa cum laude, Bowdoin College, 2000; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2003
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Robert J. Cordy, Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Teaching Hospitals and Academic Medical Centers Practice Group Educational Committee
- Academic Medicine – Advising a university in a strategic assessment of the relationship between its school of medicine and affiliated health system, and in potential transformative transactions with other schools of medicine in the region.
- Incentive Compensation – Advising a hospital in development of a new incentive compensation system for currently employed and newly recruited physicians across varying specialties.
- Conflicts of Interest – Working with a teaching hospital in conducting an internal review of its individual and institutional conflicts of interest policies; an assessment of relationships with affiliated spin-off development companies; and development of conflict management plans.
- Privacy – Counseling an emerging, consumer-focused and web-based health informatics provider in structural and operational HIPAA compliance.
- Pro Bono – Assisting a pro bono client in its organization of a charitable health care network in several Latin American countries and at the Vatican.
Rate : $$$$