Michael Lanosa represents a diverse client base in high-stakes litigation, with an emphasis on patent litigation and insurance recovery. He has litigated in both state and federal courts as well as before the United States International Trade Commission.
Mr. Lanosa leverages his Doctor of Pharmacy degree and knowledge of pharmacological agents and biotechnology to advise clients in patent disputes with a particular emphasis on life sciences and technology companies.
He has represented both patent owners and alleged infringers in cases involving a wide range of technologies including drugs, biologics, biotechnology, medical devices, software, and electronics.
In addition to patent litigation, Mr. Lanosa also has experience representing insurance policyholders in the construction and energy industries.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Connecticut, Pharm. D., 2009
Representative Matters :
- Represention of a technology company in multiple patent litigation matters involving software for the delivery and protection of digital television content.
- Representation of a power transmission company in an insurance recovery action involving a claim for business interruption losses under an all-risk property insurance policy.
- Representation of a biotechnology company in patent litigation related to gene sequencing microarrays.
- Representation of a medical device company in patent litigation related to cardiac defibrillators.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in patent dispute related to humanized monoclonal antibodies.
- Representation of a biotechnology company in patent litigation involving chimeric antigen receptor T-cell technology.
Pro Bono :
- Represented gay man from Ghana in asylum proceedings before the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Represented indigent victim of fraud in connection with a piece of real property before the California Superior Court.
Previous Experience :
- Hon. George H. Wu, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Extern (2013)
- Nexgen Pharma, Legal Intern (2011)
Rate : $$$