Michael R. Leake has a broad based real estate transactional practice with experience in real property purchase and sale, leasing, financing, entity formation and structuring, and multi-family and hotel property management agreements.
Mr. Leake represents real estate investment funds, REITs and developers in the acquisition, leasing, financing and disposition of real estate assets and residential real estate developers in purchase and sale transactions and post-acquisition site development and cost sharing agreements, as well as with respect to 1031 exchanges.
In addition, he represents commercial and industrial building owners and tenants in the structuring, documentation and negotiation of ground leases (including sale-leasebacks), office, retail and industrial use leases and related occupancy and build-out agreements in suburban office park developments and downtown commercial district buildings. He also represents lending institutions and borrowers in real estate secured financings for purchase of real property and construction of improvements on real property.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1999
- B.A., Montana State University-Billings, 1995
- Represented numerous tenants and landlords at multiple locations nationwide in the leasing of industrial buildings
- Represented Momentum Acquisitions, as the subtenant, as part of its acquisition of a multi-family retail subleasehold estate project, and negotiated the terms of a ground lease and sub-ground lease with the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County Texas, as ground lessor
- Represented a consortium of lenders in negotiating a ground lease and sub-ground lease as part of a $688 million repower project by NRG in El Segundo, California
- Represented large national retailer in connection with the leasing and subleasing of retail space in California, Nevada and Hawaii
- Represented real estate investment fund in the acquisition, leasing, financing and disposition of commercial office real estate assets in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and Texas
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of 218 room Radisson hotel in Atlanta, Georgia and negotiation of hotel management agreement
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of 20,425 square foot retail portion of mixed-use residential and commercial development in Pasadena, California
- Represented receiver in disposition of various real estate assets, including a retail shopping center in Costa Mesa, California
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of and negotiation of property management agreement for 204 unit multi-family development in Baytown, Texas
- Represented global investment/finance company in connection with $377,000,000 financing for regional natural gas power plant
- Represented borrower in commercial loan for $2,200,000 secured against a multifamily property in San Diego, California
- Represented regional home builders in connection with acquisition, disposition and construction financing for various single family and multi-family residential projects in Southern California
Rate : $$$$