Michael S. Legge focuses on Chapter 11 bankruptcy, financial restructuring and workouts, and creditors’ rights litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was special counsel in the Appellate Division of the New York City Law Department, prosecuting all aspects of civil appeals in New York’s Appellate Divisions, including employment, tort and Article 78 matters.
Michael also has an extensive clerkship background, serving as clerk to the Honorable Margaret M. Cangilos-Ruiz in the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York and to the Honorable Robert E. Grossman in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.
While in law school, he was a summer clerk to the Honorable James M. Peck and a judicial extern to the Honorable Martin Glenn both in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
Prior to law school, Michael worked in the genetic testing laboratory of the first company to patent a human gene, passed Level I of the CFA Program and co-founded a software and statistical consulting company.
Michael is a recipient of the Judge John J. Galgay Fellowship in Bankruptcy and Reorganization Law, New York University School of Law.
- JD, New York University School of Law, Staff and Articles Editor, New York University Journal of Law & Business, 2014
- MA, Economics, New York University, 2011
- BS, Biomedical Engineering and BA, English, University of Utah, 2007
- New York
- Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$