Michael R. Levin is a trial lawyer with experience as lead counsel in more than 60 trials and arbitrations. His broad commercial litigation practice involves all forms of business disputes, with an emphasis on real estate and intellectual property matters.
He frequently represents clients in the aerospace, manufacturing, real estate development, and healthcare industries, and also has substantial experience representing attorneys and accountants in professional liability matters and in partnership disputes.
In addition, Mike maintains an appellate practice, with appearances in more than 75 appeals in all Florida appellate courts, the Ninth and Eleventh federal circuits, and in appellate courts in several other states.
- Represented a prime contractor on the United States space shuttle in obtaining a summary judgment finding that the terminated supplier did not own trade secrets in separation bolts and other hardware used on the shuttle’s solid rocket booster. Obtained a jury verdict after a 10-week jury trial determining that the supplier was properly terminated for cause. Hi-Shear Technology Corporation v. United Space Alliance, 949 So.2d 1044 (Fla. 5th DCA 2007); 1 So.3d 195 (Fla. 5th DCA 2008)
- Represented the holder of a patent on seeds and plants producing long-shelf-life tomatoes in a successful claim against an infringer passing off the patented seeds as a competing brand. Agricultural Seed Technologies v. LSL Biotechnologies, Case No. 91-572-CIV-ORL-19 (M. D. Fla.)
- Represented a developer in the successful defense of a claim for fraud and breach of contract in a commercial real estate transaction for the development of an apartment project. The Dawning Ltd v. MGIC, 477 So.2d 1033 (Fla. 5th DCA 1985)
- Represented a website developer in a trademark claim in what has become a leading case on the limits of personal jurisdiction based upon website interactivity. Cybersell v. Cybersell, 130 F.3d 414 (9th Cir. 1997)
- Represented the owner of multiple fixed-base operators (FBO) in the resolution of a dispute with the city of Kansas City, Missouri, relating to the downtown airport.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Central Florida Chapter
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1982; with honors; Title Standards Editor, University of Florida Law Review
- B.S.B.A., Accounting, University of Florida, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1984
Rate : $$$$