Mr. Michael J. Lubben has extensive experience with financial, corporate, and business matters for a variety of private and public companies, including healthcare companies, banks, governmental authorities, and charter schools.
Mr. Lubben’s practice focuses on transactional work, with an emphasis on real estate financing transactions, issues relating to the Uniform Commercial Code, and cross-border transactions. He also represents companies involved in the healthcare field, both on a transactional basis and for general counsel purposes.
He regularly counsels clients with respect to joint ventures and strategic alliances; shareholder disputes; sales, distribution, and agency agreements; the formation and structure of business entities; and the merger, acquisition, and disposition of business interests.
He has represented investors, banks and other financial institutions, governmental authorities, and businesses involved in, among other matters, secured commercial financings; lease securitizations and financings; syndications and participations in multi-lender financings; trading of distressed debt; bond indenture financings; securitizations; workouts of commercial and industrial loans, including debtor-in-possession financings; real estate loans; letters of credit; restructurings of large businesses; and foreclosures.
Mr. Lubben also represents and provides general counsel to private and public companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, healthcare, pharmaceutical, technology, and service industries in connection with a broad range of general and transactional matters, including regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. Lubben held various supervisory and management positions in commercial loan operations of national banks, working at United Jersey Bank, First Fidelity Bank, and First Union National Bank. He presently serves on the Bank Lawyers Council Committee of the New Jersey Bankers Association and was elected to the chair of the Banking Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association in 2013.
- New York Law School (J.D.)
- Notes and Comments Editor, NYLS Journal of Human Rights
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (B.S., magna cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Bankers Association
- Bank Lawyers Council Committee, June 2004 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Section on Banking Law, 2013 -2015
- Past Vice Chair, Financial Transactions Committee
- Section on Corporate and Business Law
- Essex County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Corporate Law Section
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Section on Banking Law
Rate : $$$