Mr. Michael Brownlee handles civil and criminal appeals in Florida and in federal courts of appeal across the country. He is licensed to practice in each of Florida’s appellate courts and most of the federal circuit courts of appeal.
In addition to Florida’s district courts of appeal, Mr. Brownlee has performed oral argument at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in Boston, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Cincinnati, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Atlanta.
He has also been lead appellate counsel in two appeals before the Florida Supreme Court. Mr. Brownlee is a member of the Appellate Practice section of the Florida Bar and the Orange County Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Committee.
In addition to his appellate practice, Mr. Brownlee handles various civil litigation matters at the trial level. Brownlee obtained his board certification from the Florida Bar in appellate practice in 2016.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, J. D. – May, 2009
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California, B. A. – June, 2004
- Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Federalist Society, 2010 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, Appellate Committee, 2010 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- Board Member, Ten Thousand Villages of Orlando, Inc., September 1, 2015 – Present
Rate : $$$