An experienced first chair trial lawyer and trusted counselor, Michael C. Marsh represents clients in high stakes business disputes and provides strategic input and guidance on business issues.
With a wide ranging litigation practice in federal and state courts throughout the United States, he is a go-to resource for clients engaged in disputes involving high stakes securities and other class action defense, proxy contests, shareholders, antitrust, Mergers & Acquisitions, private equity, D&O liability, and higher education.
Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Litigation Star, Michael has served as lead counsel in dozens of jury and bench trials on behalf of aviation, consumer electronics, retail, sports, entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, and automotive clients.
Outside of the courtroom, clients turn to Michael for counsel on day-to-day operations, high value employment matters, major restructurings, and navigating corporate governance and compliance issues, including federal and state agency investigations.
Michael is a member of our firm’s Executive Committee, a past chair of Akerman’s Equality and Inclusion Committee, a fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, and the chair of Friends of South Florida Autism.
- J.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1989
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1986
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- American Bar Association, Member; Corporate Counsel Committee on Alternative Billing, Past Member
- National Bar Association, Member
- Association of Caribbean Corporate Counsel, International Advisory Board Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow, 2013
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Caribbean Bar Association, Member
- Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association, Member
- 100 Black Men of South Florida, Inc., Past Member
- South Florida Autism Charter Schools, Inc., Board of Directors
- Youth Competitive Soccer Club, Past Counsel, President & Chairman of the Board
Rate : $$$