Michael C. McCann’s practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and corporate governance and general commercial matters.
- Represented Mobil Pipe Line Company in its acquisition of an interest in Wolverine Pipe Line Company from Shell Pipeline Company LP.
- Represented Mid-Point Pipeline LLC, an ExxonMobil subsidiary, in the formation of Permian Express Partners LLC, a joint venture with Sunoco Pipeline L.P., combining Sunoco’s Permian Express 1, Permian Express 2 and Permian Longview and Louisiana Access pipelines with Exxon’s Longview to Louisiana and Pegasus pipelines, Hawkins pipeline system, an idle pipeline in southern Oklahoma, and Patoka, Ill., terminal.
- Represented ExxonMobil Oil Corporation and Mobil Pipe Line Company in the sale of their ownership interests in Chalmette Refining, L.L.C., to PBF Holding Company LLC.
- Represented ExxonMobil Pipeline Company in its sale of assets comprising the HLS and Anchorage to Krotz Springs Pipeline Systems to Crimson Louisiana Midstream, LLC.
- Represented ExxonMobil Pipeline Company in its sale of assets comprising the South Marsh Island gathering system and Southwest Louisiana onshore pipeline system to Crimson Louisiana Pipeline, LLC.
- Represented ExxonMobil in the disposition of certain of its company-owned U.S. service station assets, which asset dispositions were undertaken as part of ExxonMobil’s planned transition out of the direct-served retail business in the U.S.
- Represented ExxonMobil in the disposition of its On the Run convenience store franchise system and related assets.
- Represents various entities in the sale and purchase of mortgage servicing and origination platform assets.
- Represented Credit-Based Asset Servicing and Securitization LLC, a privately owned sub-prime mortgage investor and servicer, in the sale of Litton Loan Servicing in connection with its out-of-court restructuring.
- Represented Smithfield Foods in its strategic M&A program, including its disposition of its interest in Butterball, LLC and its acquisitions of the refrigerated meats business and Cook’s Hams business of ConAgra Foods and its acquisition of Farmland Foods through a contested bankruptcy.
- Represented an international specialty packaging company in the sale of substantially all of its assets in conjunction with its winding up under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represents developers, sponsors and investors in connection with a variety of transactions involving renewable energy projects and several public utilities and affiliated companies in connection with multiple transactions involving the monetization of interests in facilities qualifying for non-conventional fuel tax credits.
- Represented a Fortune 500 auto parts manufacturer in several cross-border structured finance and lease transactions.
- Represented a provider of wireless messaging and multimedia services in a total recapitalization and a simultaneous “merger of equals” with another private wireless messaging provider.
- Conducted legal training for various subsidiaries, including training on fiduciary duties for joint venture directors.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude, 1998
- BA, Government, The College of William & Mary, 1992
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Member and Secretary of Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Richmond & the Tri Cities, 2006-2009.
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$