Michael S. McDonough represents Fortune 500 companies, municipalities and private entities in complex environmental litigation, administrative and enforcement matters at the federal, state and local levels.
Mike’s practice focuses on defending enforcement actions, bringing regulatory challenges, litigating with and counseling clients on compliance with regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Department of Justice, the California Air Resources Board and the California Energy Commission, among others.
He has particular experience in the interpretation and enforcement of air quality regulations in California’s South Coast Air Quality Management District, the largest and most sophisticated local air quality regulatory agency in the world.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Ongoing representation of the nation’s top petroleum refiners in environmental permitting, regulatory and enforcement matters before EPA and California oversight agencies.
- Administrative litigation on behalf of Valero Refining Co. to challenge denial of millions of dollars of emission reduction credits for proven voluntary emission reductions benefitting the entire Bay Area.
- Continuing representation of a Fortune 20 retailer in environmental regulatory compliance and administrative enforcement matters for its facilities throughout California.
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., Stanford University, 1993
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. District Courts for Eastern District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California and Central District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$