Michael P. McGuigan is counsel in the firm’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Finance Group. Mr. McGuigan advises clients in a broad range of finance transactions, largely in the project/infrastructure and private equity markets.
He acts for project companies, bidding consortia, developers, equity sponsors and other private sector clients in connection with the development and financing of major U.S. infrastructure projects, and has co-authored numerous articles that have appeared in industry-leading project finance publications.
Mr. McGuigan also represents the firm’s private equity clients in a wide range of fund-related finance transactions.
Mr. McGuigan is ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers USA (2016-2017) which praises him for his “quick responses, deep knowledge and excellent negotiating techniques.”
He received his J.D., summa cum laude, from New York Law School in 2004, where he was a senior editor for the New York Law Review. He received a B.A. in History from Fordham University in 1999.
Mr. McGuigan is a member of the New York Bar.
- JFK International Air Terminal as lessee and operator of Terminal 4 at JFK International Airport, including in connection with nearly $1 billion of expansion projects and multiple tax exempt bond and subordinated debt issuances.
- Delta Air Lines in its current redevelopment of Terminals C and D at LaGuardia Airport.
- American Airlines in the issuance of approximately $844 million of tax exempt bonds to advance refund approximately $1 billion of tax exempt bonds issued to finance Terminal 8 at JFK International Airport.
- Westfield in its investment in the areas at the World Trade Center site that are being developed for retail use in a joint venture transaction with the Port Authority of NY and NJ valued at approximately $1.225 billion.
- Westfield in its bid for the Denver International Airport “Great Hall” P3 Project.
- Axium/Suez in their bid for the Indianapolis International Airport Wastewater P3.
- Maryland Purple Line Partners in their bid for the Purple Line light rail P3.
- Macquarie in their bid for the LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building Redevelopment P3.
- Marquis Energy in securing a $228 million loan from AgCountry Farm Credit Services, including a construction loan, term loan, revolver and refinancing of existing indebtedness.
- Financial Security Assurance (FSA) in its financial guarantee of a project bond financing for the Chicago Skyway toll bridge system, involving the issuance by Skyway Concession Company LLC of $1.4 billion of senior secured floating rate bonds insured by FSA.
- US Department of Energy in its Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing conditional loan commitment program.
- HarbourVest Partners in numerous subscription credit facilities across dozens of HarbourVest-managed funds.
- Prudential in subscription credit facilities for Prudential-managed funds.
- HarbourVest Partners in the financing aspects of its $1.4 billion acquisition of the private equity fund interests and direct co-investments of Conversus Capital.
- New York Law School, 2004, J.D.
- Fordham University, 1999, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$