Recognized for his results-driven counsel, Michael Moschel zealously advances the business interests of national and regional employers. His providential legal advice meshes seamlessly with the goals of clients – signifying his immersion in their partnership and a keen understanding of their operations.
Michael brings notable on-the-ground experience to his traditional labor work, with distinctive strength in the healthcare and federal contracting industries. He negotiates significant labor contracts and represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Department of Labor (DOL).
He regularly advises clients regarding compliance with the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and federal government contractor labor laws, regulations and executive orders, including obligations under the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) and the Davis-Bacon Act. Michael has achieved the following for his clients:
- Favorably resolved contentious SCA claims brought by a union against a large defense contractor – saving the client and U.S. taxpayers millions of dollars
- Secured an appellate court victory for a private university in a class action claim under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- Advised a national nursing-home chain in the acquisition of multiple properties and followed up with strategic advice on union negotiations
- Successfully represented a large aerospace contractor in a federal lawsuit brought by a union against the contractor and NASA under Section 301 of the NLRA and the SCA
Michael excels at assisting employers in the management of people in the workplace, garnering accolades from peers and clients. He advises and litigates in a wide range of employment law, including restrictive covenants agreements, wage and hour compliance, discipline and discharge, reductions in force, discrimination and civil rights, sexual harassment, misclassification of employees as independent contractors and I-9 compliance.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1994
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- Tennessee Supreme Court
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Labor Advisory Council, National Federation of Independent Business
- Member, Board of Trustees, General Counsel, Harding Academy
- Board Member, Leah Rose Residence for Senior Citizens
Rate : $$$