Michael D. Mullins focuses his litigation practice in the areas of professional liability, long-term care, civil rights, and defense of energy-based companies. He has tried several cases on behalf of medical doctors alleged to have breached the standard of care; defended professionals in matters wherein their licensing board attempted to revoke the professional’s license; tried multiple cases on behalf of police officers accused of wrongdoing; tried personal injury matters; and, tried energy matters in front of the Public Service Commission.
He routinely represents coal companies in work place injury matters and has represented coal companies in matters alleging toxic torts. He has also drafted policies and procedures manuals for municipalities.
- Numerous jury trials defending police officers and agencies in state and federal courts
- Argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit Court and West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals on civil rights issues
- Represented coal operators in medical monitoring claims for water well contamination
- Defended deliberate intent claims relating to worker injuries
- Defended against damage claims from blasting operations
- J.D. University of Richmond
- B.A. Appalachian State University
- American Bar Association
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- Charleston Area Alliance
- Lawyer’s Information Service
- West Virginia Coal Association
Rate : $$$