As a court-appointed receiver and counsel to receivers and trustees, Michael D. Napoli works to maximize the value of insolvent entities in order to make a fair and equitable distribution to creditors. His experience covers a variety of industries with an emphasis on life settlements.
Outside of the insolvency arena, Michael protects individuals and companies facing lawsuits. He works closely with his clients to create practical, business solutions to litigation problems. Representing both plaintiffs and defendants, Michael works on a wide variety of cases including securities, commercial, and products liability matters.
Michael maintains an active pro bono practice involving, among other things, assisting parents in obtaining the return of their children under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1991, with high honors; Member, Texas Law Review; Member, Order of the Coif; Member, Chancellors (Grand Chancellor, 1990-1991)
- B.A., Baylor University, 1988, with honors
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers
Rate : $$$