Michael J. O’Brien represents strategic clients, financial institutions, and private equity firms in investment transactions. For over 30 years, he has guided investors and companies in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity transactions, with an emphasis on the Fintech and Life Science sectors.
Michael also counsels companies in general corporate and securities matters, including financing transactions. He has represented creditors and debtors in the corporate aspects of restructuring transactions, including the issuance and exchange of securities and negotiation of new shareholder arrangements.
A leader in civic and charitable endeavors, Michael has served on the board of directors of the Polytechnic Institute of NYU, the Lincoln Center Consolidated Corporate Funds leadership committee, and the board of directors of the Friends of the Highline.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1980
- A.B., Columbia University, 1977
Bar Admissions : New York
- Polytechnic Institute of NYU, Board of Directors
- Lincoln Center Consolidated Corporate Funds Leadership Committee, Board of Directors
- Friends of the Highline, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$