Michael P. Doyle’s trial practice includes the representation of plaintiffs in maritime personal injury, international and trans-national personal injury, including work and holiday injury claims, and insurance bad faith.
Mike is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Fellow in the National College of Advocacy of the American Association for Justice. Mike has obtained many multi-million dollar verdicts, judgments, and settlements. These results include:
- Jury verdict in 2004 of $2.56 million for a Jones Act seaman injured in the Gulf of Alaska
- Jury verdict in 2006 of $4.3 million in an insurance bad faith case
- Jury verdict in 2007 of over $1.5 million increased to $1,752,767.44 with interest for a boat captain injured offshore Angola (Attorneys Feees: $788,745.35; Expenses $49,603.52; injury – unoperated spinal injuries and post traumatic stress disorder);
- Jury verdict in 2008 of $2.16 million for a passenger in a helicopter crash landing in the Gulf of Mexico
Mike’s personal injury practice includes the representation of Jones Act and foreign seaman in disputes arising in U.S. waters and around the world. He also represents a number of U.K. residents injured in the U.S. on holiday, as well as working people from various countries who have been injured as a result of the actions of multinational companies.
Mike’s insurance bad faith practice includes the representation of workers’ compensation claimants who have had their claims delayed and denied by their insurers and adjusters. In addition, Mike has represented insureds and policy holders against domestic liability and excess insurers, and in transnational coverage disputes against U.K. and E.U. underwriters and company market insurers.
Mike also is an active leader in civic and community activities. He served as President of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association from 2007-2008, and he has been a member of the Board of Directors since 1999 and Chair of the Judicial Affairs Committee.
He served as a member of the Board of Directors of Strake Jesuit College Preparatory School from 2002 to 2004; President of the Strake Jesuit Alumni Association, 2002-2004; and 1998 Alumni Fund Drive Chairman. Mike also served as a member of the Houston Advisory Board of the AFL-CIO Community Fund, the labor community’s charity arm.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- University of Virginia
- “Winning the Battle of the Atlantic”, (Co-Author With Jeffrey L. Raizner), Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Newsletter (UK), Vol. 13, Issue 3, June , 2003
Rate : $$$