Michael Sweeney, a partner and the co-leader of the Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey Real Estate Group, has practiced in Connecticut since 1983. His experience has been concentrated in real estate, condominium developments, commercial leasing and financing, zoning, land use litigation and real estate litigation.
Michael regularly handles complex commercial transactions involving real estate development for developers and builders in Fairfield County, including office buildings, condominiums, subdivisions and shopping centers. Michael represents diverse clients in land use applications and regularly appears before local boards and commissions.
Michael’s litigation advocacy includes zoning appeals in all Connecticut courts. In a noteworthy decision the Connecticut Supreme Court adopted Michael’s argument in upholding a zoning permit enabling his client to continue its business
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Board Member
- Member of the New Canaan Housing Authority
- Past Instructor in Real Estate Law, Norwalk Community College and Town of Greenwich Continuing Education
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.,
- Fairfield University, A.B.,
Rate : $$$