Michael Thomas is a Partner with MacDonald, Illig, Jones & Britton LLP. He assists individuals, closely held companies, and larger entities on a wide variety of estate planning, estate and trust administration, wealth transfer, succession planning, tax, and business matters.
Mike routinely assists clients with the design and implementation of both basic and complex estate plans that focus on accomplishing the client’s individual objectives and minimizing the related tax consequences. He works closely with individual and corporate fiduciaries throughout estate and trust administrations.
Mike has experience advising clients on a wide variety of sophisticated business transactions, employee benefit plan matters, corporate governance questions, and business/succession planning issues. He has also worked with non-profit organizations on a number of different tax and corporate matters.
In addition to clients residing in western Pennsylvania, Mike regularly works with clients located throughout the state of Florida.
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University – Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2005
- B.S. Accounting, Juniata College – Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United State Tax Court
Memberships & Associations:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association, Estates & Trusts Section Leadership Committee
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Erie
- Member, United Way Leadership Giving Committee
- Member, Early Connections Board of Directors
- Mercyhurst College Institutional Review Board
Rate : $$$